.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Magnifique #4 Layout

This layout is a slight alteration on the "Leading Lady" on page 16 of the Imagine book. The book shows that there can be 5 pictures on this double layout, but I added another on the right-hand page. In fact, using smaller pictures than the ones they used in the book, I could probably add 2 to 3 more pictures to the pages easily.










Embellishing this double was so simple with the Chocolate Mini-Medley and the stamp set that accompanied the kit. The first image that I made was the large flower at the bottom left corner of the left hand page. I made it with the heart stamp that accompanies the set by overlapping three heart images. Then I turned the heart upside down on the block and stamped it 3 more times to fill in between the other three hearts, to make the large flower. Then I stamped the largest of the flower images and placed a cream biggie brad into the center of the flower. I stuck it down into the corner of the page and then trimmed off the excess of the flower.
For the other embellishments, I stamped a variety of flowers, layering the different images and different colors (Pacifica, Lagoon, Sky, and Chocolate) as well as using 2nd generation stamping. That sort of stamping requires you to ink up your stamp and first stamp it onto scratch paper before applying the ink to your project. It creates a lighter version of the original. Then I cut out all the flowers in different ways and stamped a dot or put in a brad into the center. I also used a few of the paper flowers that came with the set , as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment