.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mid-week Makeover

June Sketch Challenge Results!


You might remember seeing this sketch posted in the left margin. This was the June sketch that I offered and challenged my customers to create their own layouts using it.


We had 3 great entries seen below. The consultants that voted LOVED them and I've posted some of their comments as well. Not everyone who voted left a comment, but the vote was very close! Only one vote made the difference this month.






And the winner is . . . "Crazy Cousins" by Cindy Hardy!

This layout was made using some darling pictures that Cindy took during the difficult time when her family gathered together just before her mom passed away. Cindy has some awesome lifetime memories and I'm looking forward to seeing her creations all summer long!



  • It just flows with the eyes very easily.
  • The title tied in so well with the photos – crazy faces, crazy actions – yes, crazy cousins.
  • My pick would be A, because of the appealing color scheme
  • The first one exuded enthusiasm and really showed the 'personality' of the papers as well as the pics.
  • Wonderful job !
  • They stepped out of the box & made the sketch their own.
  • This is so cute!
Brandy, who made the "Brotherly Love" layout, is an amazing scrap-booker. She can visualize her layout faster than anyone I know and even put together 87 of them at the last retreat we had! With her two sons graduating next May she has a LOT of scrap-booking to do and she is just the gal to do it!

Kevin, who created "Springtime," is new to scrap-booking but you would never know it! She owns a beautiful little florist in Addison called "May Flowers and Gifts." A lot of her layouts have to do with her business - arrangements, special occasions, and, of course, gorgeous weddings, so that she can show her clients real examples of her work. She has always been a true artist with her floral creations and now it is spreading to her scrap-booking creations!






















  • All the projects were great!
  • Ok --- my vote…wow, this is hard….they each have good points about them.
  • First of all I wanted to say that I love all three of these designs!
  • They are all beautiful!
  • Great use of color and techniques!
  • They are all lovely!
  • I really like how they used the sketch to scrapbook some difficult (at least for me) pictures.
  • Nice, clean with sharp images and not too busy.

Be sure to check out the July sketch challenge on the left hand section. I'd love to see your take on this layout!

In case you are interested, I have also added my samples below. The first is my sample of the challenge sketch, but I've also added a companion sketch and samples of that as well.





























:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment