.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Midweek Makeover

Wow what a wonderful site I found for digital and regular scrap-booking. They also had cards that were submitted by the visitors to the site. This one HERE was submitted by Tracey K. at scrapbook.com. (What a SWEET domain name!)


I used our Free Spirit paper to makeover this card, but honestly, it is simplicity in itself and could be made over with any of our packs easily. In fact, the paper Tracey used looks a lot like our Best Friends Forever paper package. But I needed an inspirational card that could be used for a guy, so the Free Spirit paper was perfect. Instead of punching the flowers out of the striped paper, I used the stripes as the bottom to give it a more formal feel and used our just blooms in white daisy as the accents and vellum holders. This worked out great because I really wanted to stamp in vellum, but there just isn't any successful adhesive (that I have found) that won't show through the vellum. (Maybe CTMH will introduce one in a few weeks at their convention!!!!????) Anyway, the Outdoor Denim brads held the vellum easily.





Some things I didn't do: I didn't tear anything besides the vellum. This really isn't like me! After all, I do have 4 children! LOL! Well, my teenager is out of town right now, maybe that's why . . . naaaaah. I just wanted a more formal appearance to the entire card. For that reason I also scraped the ink around the paper edges instead of applying it in streaks. I wanted just an enhancement of the paper without the shabby chic appearance. (When using vellum, make sure the ink is fully dry before you try to put it on anything. Vellum doesn't absorb the ink like card stock does and it smears very easily!)

No comments:

Post a Comment