.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Midweek Makeover

This is the end of the month, and we have a winner in the sketch challenge for July. Even though all the entries received votes, this didn't end up being near as close as I thought it would be. The winner, for the second month in a row is Cindy with her layout entitled, "God's Gift."



Some of the comments she received included:

  • I love the "feel" the page gives and the artwork just "fits."
  • I really love the simplicity of (it). I would have never used paper garden like that in a monochromatic page. This has inspired me to relook at that set.
  • I was immediately drawn to it!



These two layouts were offered by Maria and Shellie, both of them new to our little challenge, but certainly not new to the artistry of our craft. I love how in both cases, the pictures dance with the other elements perfectly!


Brandy took the challenge with this great layout from a cruise. She added shells from a necklace and stitched it together with Citrus Leaf Sassy Strands. She even graced us with a companion piece of her own, shown below.



There were several comments about all the layouts as well.

  • All the layouts are so amazing!
  • Thanks for sharing!
  • It was really hard to choose the best one!
  • They are all really nice!
  • I love the dimension on the layouts
  • There is such a wonderful job with the colors!

August challenge sketch will be up soon! Won't you consider joining us??

No comments:

Post a Comment