.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday Momentum

Last night I spent a little time browsing through the CTMH online training classes. I found it fascinating. In just an hour I learned or was reminded about several different gems in business.

First, and most important to me, I learned about "staging." Preparing to meet and talk to people about my business. Well, of course! Every time I step out of my house, I should be prepared to share my passion and the CTMH opportunity. Some of you are probably rolling your eyes and chuckling at me at this point because you always have this together, but I honestly don't think about it enough!

The instructor suggested wearing or carrying logo items and maybe some type of button that has an eye-catching slogan on it. Someone will inevitably comment on it and give you an opening to chat with them and find out if what you do might be good for them.

Well, the timing couldn't have been better for me! I just learned that I'm going to get to attend a ginormous ladies' networking event this week and it made me start to think about what I need to do to make the most of this opportunity.

I need to come up with some ways to stand out a bit. I love the idea of wearing a button or maybe a jeweled pin. (I MUST go shopping!) I actually thought of making some jewelry using our papers. I used to make jewelry a decade ago and could probably swing it, but I'm not sure I could swing it in just a couple of days. I think instead, I'll use my time to create little 4 x 4 greeting cards that I can slip my business card in along with a note about the card being a gift for them to use however they choose.

I'll pack my "window" purse with all sorts of artwork, a few Idea books, some Stamp of the Month flyers as well as flyers for my upcoming workshops, and a decorated notebook in which to keep all the business cards I collect and write down any notes I need to have. Oh, I'm getting excited!

Even if you're not going to a networking event, just a grocery store visit can be just the place to meet the next rising star in your business or the customer you'll become best friends with! You just never know. So while I'm obviously no expert, I do want to share a little piece of advice. If you are a CTMH consultant, go to the Training section of our website! It is incredible! If you are in a different business, whatever that may be, talk to (and especially listen to) the agents in your business who are successful, especially if they are consistently successful! Learn from the mistakes and corrections of others so you don't have to make them all yourself!

I'm pumped! I hope you are! It's Monday! Get to work! Yeah! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment