.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Friday Flair

Okay, I'm a day late. That's what vacations are for! Hope you had a great one, too!

This is the embellishment post and I want to share several different ones with you!

First are the "Just Blooms" paper flowers. I used the white daisies and applied just a little Autumn Terra Cotta to the raised areas to bring out more detail. I also used a little ATC on the edges of the Sunflower blooms to vary them a bit more.

Second are the great ribbon rounds that CTMH offers. This square grossgrain is from the Cocoa package.



To the ribbon, I added a ribbon slide that says love on it. It is a little hard to see in the main picture, but the second pictures shows it all very well. The ribbon rounds are easy to use, and can be altered with chalk. You can also put a darker shade of paper under the word in the center of the slide and it will show up very well.

Finally, I used bigger brads as the centers of the daisies and also in a line around the perimeter of the box. I just love the size of these and find I use them as often as I use the regular ones.

As for the box, it is a cardboard tote covered in the elements of Abundance paper. I simply traced the top sections onto the B&T and cut them out. Now this one has lasted for over a year. I use it all the time, yet it still looks like it did when I first made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment