.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Tuesday Technique


This card is one of the ones I plan to offer at my card-making workshop in October. (See my plans here.) It uses one of my favorite techniques, although I don't know if there is an official name for it.

I used the new "The Season Defined" stamp set that includes some larger words and also definitions of those words in smaller print. I stamped the definitions as the base on this card in twilight and then added the larger words (love this font!) in Outdoor Denim on top of the definitions.

BTW, the snowflake paper is from the new "Aspen" paper pack - my newest favorite!

I tried this technique last year as well, using the words from the "Christmas Scripts" stamp set as the background of the card. I stamped it in the same color as the paper to add a kind of watermark to the card and then added the artwork on top of it. I really liked the variety of fonts and sizes in that stamp set and every project looked totally different.

No comments:

Post a Comment