.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Midweek Makeover

This month, the sketch challenge is along the left-hand column. It is a different type of layout for me and as I said in the blurb, I was inspired by some other very popular, single-photo layouts. This is one of them. Please forgive me, though; I don't have the name of the designer to credit! I had saved this in a file just for my own inspiration, and inspire me it has! I wanted to show you what inspired this sketch and my own take on the layout. So if anyone knows from whence this layout came - the website or the designer - please let me know. I really want to always give credit where credit is due!

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I am a self-proclaimed CTMH snob! I have rarely used any other supplies in any of my artwork since I started my business in October of 2004. But for this layout, I ACTUALLY splurged and used some embellishments that my mom got me before my CTMH career started. The blue jean jacket, bandana, and pockets are from Joleyn's. The papers that I used were from a limited edition from last winter. I've had so many comments on the paper that I'm hoping desperately to see it or something like it become part of the regular line! I used paper strips and ribbons to criss-cross the background design. Outdoor Denim organdy, Colonial White, and Outdoor Denim striped ribbon were clipped and sanded to fray. All the paper was sanded and after looking at it, I'm thinking I should add some eyelets or brads in pewter.

No comments:

Post a Comment