.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Flair

On Tuesday, I showed you stamp rolling. I'm going to capitalize on that process and use it for an embellished card today.


First, I added other stamped images to my cardstock. I showed you the one where I used the back of the stamp for a base image and then used the front of it to put in the details with a darker shade. I also just added some other randomly stamped images in my color scheme to make my own card base.

Over the card base, I put torn paper layers. I used a muted "Garden Green" as a pop color since I hadn't used anything near green in the stamping. I also tore a beige printed B&T from the "Paper Garden" set.

Next, I used my "Honey" stamp pad to color a square frame from the Dimensional Elements "Basic" collection. I just laid the square frame on my scratch paper and bounced the stamp pad up and down on it a few times. Then I picked up the square and filled in few of the missed edges with the corner of the stamp pad. I used Barn Red to then stamp one of the "Skeleton Leaves" prints all over the frame, giving it the textured look. I used chocolate "Waxy Flax" to wrap around it. I was going to just stick it on the back of the frame with a dot of "Liquid Glass," but I liked the way the knot looked instead. All of this I put down with adhesive, "Glue Dots." I found one of the Autumn Leaves buttons to go in the center of the frame, but I cut the button hole off of it before trying to put it on. I adhered it with a 3D foam square and finished the project with a length of Goldrush Organdy ribbon, tied in a bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment