Monday, August 11, 2008

Friday Flair

I've mentioned before about my Scrappin' Happy workshops, I think. I use the Cherish or Imagine books for the layout designs (sometimes I even come up with my own!). I compile the double page layouts, adjusting some of the papers and cuts, to fit a 1/2 paper pack.

When my customers come to the workshop, we spend about an hour or less cutting out all of the pieces for the layouts and then we spend another hour or so putting together all of layouts. When we are done with them, they are rather bare, but ready for pictures and the other elements of a scrapbook page.

These are the what the pages often look like when we're through with the workshop.

Now I've completed these pages with some pictures from a storm last spring - ripped part of the roof right off of our church! I've added titling, journaling, and all sorts of embellishments, but, well, the truth is, they are packed with the rest of my supplies for my retreat tomorrow!

Okay - Here are the finished layouts. I used
Dimensional Element Monogram Letters for the L, T, and A on the title. They start out white, but it is easy to ink them up or cover them with paper. I added conches on the top and bottom of the torn cardstock. I was having some trouble keeping it down with adhesive since I had sanded the cardstock. I also added 2 hinges to one side of a picture. To get the texture on the red cardstock, I sanded it thoroughly. Then I crumpled it up and sanded the folds again. On the title, I did all of it before I wrote the title. For the others, I did the crumpling afterward. I prefer the way it looks when I crumple and then write. I even went back and re-wrote some of the journaling. (Which is in the pocket of the large picture mat.) I used Outdoor Denim organdy ribbon across that mat, connected on one end with a picture holder and clipped on the other end with a spiral clip. I hooked the tag onto that clip.

The final thing I did was make a photo flip. I used 4x4 envelopes that I purchased from clearbags.com. First, I stacked them up and centered them on my base. I removed all of the flap tabs, revealing the adhesive and attached them to the base and to one another. I added a 1 1/2 x 4 1/4 strip of matching paper to the top of the envelopes to cover the adhesive. To make sure it stayed down, I added pewter eyelets to all four corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment