.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mid-week Makeover

This mid-week makeover is a little different. I used one of the CTMH card designs to make a window card and then I recreated it to make a totally different. One of them was pretty expensive, mostly because I used textured cardstock, but I find I like the second one - which was considerably less expensive - better.

Here is the first. I used Desert Sand textured cardstock as the base and a bit of one of the newest CTMH B&Ts from the "Evensong" paper pack as the accent. I held back the folded edges with Cranberry brads (which you can get in bulk, now!) and hung a star from another new stamp set using hemp. The JOY was created using "The Works" stamp set in cranberry and distressed in Desert Sand.

The second is like the first in the design and template, but I used a B&T from the Creative Basic set. If you haven't heard of that set, CTMH puts one out in each book right now and it compliments one of the other paper packs. (In this case, "Evensong.") It offers 12 sheets in each of 2 designs and a roll of ribbon to match it and is especially for card-making.

I also added the darling little snowman from the "Winter Memories" stamp set. It is totally cute. I also added some torn paper on the bottom of the card and tied the green ribbon that came with the set in a knot in the top right corner.
Please send me pictures if you make some cards with this design. I would love to see and post your creations as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment