.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mini Retreat weekend

I love the end of the month! That is usually the time when I have my monthly mini retreat. I usually do some sort of workshop on Friday night and a Scrap-booking workshop on Saturday afternoon. Saturday night is reserved for my club members to come over and crop or use my stamps or work on whatever project they want.

There are always all sorts of ideas stirring and chatter going on. Last Friday night we made a set of cards using the Whoops-a-Daisy paper pack. My plan came from a CTMH workshop-on-the-go plan from a couple of years ago that had used a paper pack since retired. There were 7 of us in all and we talked about everything from our parents, to our kids, to our weddings, and (DEFINITELY our scrap books) with a little card-making in between. What a great time! I'm terribly disappointed, though! I totally forgot to take pictures of everyone! I'll have to do better next month!

Then on Saturday, we had 3 gals come and work up a set of layouts using different paper packs. (I'll explain my Scrappin' Happy Workshop on Monday!) After that, we ordered out for our dinner and cropped all evening until about 10:30PM. Two of my club members made their sketch challenge pages while they were here and it was a lot of fun to see their creativity!

I gotta tell you, these mini retreats offer things a regular retreat can't. For one thing, many different people can take advantage of the opportunities at the mini retreat, dropping in and leaving as they need to. At a regular retreat, everyone is pretty much there the whole time. It is just too hard and often too far to come and go. Also, the mini retreat offers projects, scrap-booking, and free time while the regular retreat is set up primarily for free time. Finally, the only cost of the mini retreat is the Friday's workshop supply fee. The others are free - a BIG discount from the $150-200 of most retreats.

You know, wherever you are located, even if you're not a consultant, these can be a great Gals weekend for you and your friends. Seriously consider setting one of these up and respond to this post if you have any questions or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment