.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mid-Week Makeover

This is the day that I get to show my CTMH snobside! I find a card made with other products, like this one designed by Laura Canale. (view her blogsite here) I gotta tell you, that I'm a little nervous about this blog. See I'm confident in the CTMH products, but I'm not so sure of my own creativity. I'm hoping you'll find that the card I've made is easily as good or better than the one created with a competitor's products. So, here is my offering.


I used the Sonata paper package and the "With Love" stamp set, which is the Stamp of the Month for June.

I covered the card with the small pring (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) and then added 1 x 4 1/2 inch of the blue stripe along the opening and another 1 x 3 1/4 inch of the blue stripe along the bottom. Then I used 3/4 inch pink strip to criss-cross over the blue stripe.

I didn't have an oval template (I must get that next!) So I used a randomly cut shape instead, in chocolate cardstock. I also used chocolate ink with the "Happy Everything" stamp. I cut a few flowers out of the Sonata floral paper and stamped some of the others in Lilac Mist and Hollyhock. The vase was stamped in Lilac Mist and raised on 3d sponge squares. I adhered some of the flowers on the cardbase itself and raised some of the others by 3d foam squares and by attaching it to the vase.

Now that I look at it, I think I want to put a loop of waxy flax around the neck of the vase, but I can't decide whether to tie a bow in it or put a little charm on it. What do you think?

Gather up your scraps and give this design a whirl. I would really love to see your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment