.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Challenge Art

I started to just delete this from the right-hand section, but I really don't want to delete all my challenges. I decided I would just move them over when the month was over and the new sketch challenge begins. I didn't have any takers on this challenge, but I will post all the collected art along with the sketch each month - giving full credit, of course. If you are a consultant with CTMH, please feel free to join my challenges for bragging rights. (CTMH consultants will be voting on the challenges.) If you are a consultant with another creative company, you're invited, too. Even though I'm rather a CTMH snob (not the snooty kind, just the don't-use-any-other-products kind), I don't want to be exclusive on this site! All ideas are delightfully welcome!

March's sketch information: This was fun to do, but it takes a very long time to complete. Mine had to dry over the whole weekend before I was able to finish it.

First stamp the front of the transparency card (make a sharp fold in the middle of a 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 sheet) using White pigment ink. I used White Daisy ink from Close to My Heart. I also used CTMH stamp sets for the background, "Victorian Snowflakes" and "Playful Flourishes". Set that aside to dry completely.

While it is drying, stamp a 3 x 4 white card with a snowy scene. I used a limited edition CTMH stamp set, but any snowy scene or items will do great.

Also, stamp a sentiment on a light blue 4 x 4 1/2 card. That will go on the inside of the back of the card. Cut one other card, a dark blue one, measuring 3 1/2 x 4 1/4. This one will go on the inside of the front of the card.

Once the card is dry, assemble it putting the white card on the front, and placing the dark and light card on the inside of the card in such a way that they create a mat for the white card.

No comments:

Post a Comment