.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mid-week Makeover

I got this card idea from the blog site called "Stampin' Inspirations by Maria.." She has some incredible cards there and I recommend it if you are looking for card sketches. (At least now, until I have my site up for longer than a week!) You can see the card here and visit her blog spot at this link: http://stampininspirations.blogspot.com/
Here is my made-over card.
I used the "Good Times" My Reflections paper pack and one of our new Acrylic buttons as the focal object on the bottom right. I really liked the idea of creating a raised texture using the cut-outs and 3D foam squares. Make sure you DON'T use PopDots on cards that you plan to actually mail. They raise up the image too far and are too dense to squeeze thinner. You will likely have to pay package prices to mail a card with these. (Yes, I learned that the hard way!)


I almost missed it in the original card, but the very top is dry embossed. I used our Fiskars personal trimmer with the scorer to create the pattern. The center striped section is highlighted with Cocoa ribbon and Colonial White loop accent from the "Chocolate Shades Mini Medley."

The button was fun to work with. It is already etched with little dots and was easy to adhere to the solid side of the Background and Texture paper using Liquid Glass. I gave it a little more acccent by adding some Colonial White brads, also from the "Chocolate Shades Mini Medley."

So how would you remake this card?

No comments:

Post a Comment