.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Flair

This blog is going to be dedicated to embellishments. I must confess, I've always considered myself to be embellishment challenged, but I'm determined to overcome my disability! CTMH has so many awesome accents and I just need to figure out which ones to use and where.

So this is my offering for this first Friday Flair. You may recognize it! I made this card for my Mid-week Makeover post and after I looked at it online, I felt that it needed something. So I added a few somethings. First, I added Blush Waxy Flax around the neck of the vase and attached a charm to it. The Charm was from a customer loyalty promotion and worked . . . well, like a charm . . . on this project. Then, I added a small amount of Liquid Glass to the center of the circles on the vase, just to give them texture. And I added Liquid Glass and microbeads to the centers of the flowers. I'm really pleased with the final outcome. I think it is enough without being too much, but I would love your impressions and suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. I already liked this card...especially the way you used different types of flowers. I have a bunch of paper flowers but am not always sure how to use them. I like it even better with the new embellishments. Just the right amount to make it pop but not so many that it explodes!

    Cindy H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this version of the card better as well!

    ReplyDelete