.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Stardust Card #3

This card seemed a little plain to me, but in looking at it now, I've changed my mind. I can't think of anything to add that wouldn't detract from it. The star B&T covers the card measuring 6 x 4 1/2. The accent piece is the part I tore off for the previous posting, but this time I used the back side. I inked it all the way around and stamped it with a "Make a wish......" stamp before adhering it. I also made it a "pocket" so I could insert my 1 x 2 1/2 inch "You're a star" card. I stamped it in Moonstruck, but distressed it in Topiary. The large sentiment is on a coluzzle cut card. I stamped it first, like last time, with the back-side of the stamp in Crystal Blue and then the front of the stamp in Moonstruck. Once it was stamped, I lined up the coluzzle to follow the stamping and then made a fairly straight cut connecting the two curves. I roughed up the edges with the edge distresser and inked it in Moonstruck before I adhered it to the card. And I made it stand up by using the new 3d foam tape along the sides.

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo lovely! Great colros and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I wasn't sure about this paper when I first saw it, but it is so perfect for birthdays!

    ReplyDelete