.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heart 2 Heart - Back to School Challenge

When I saw this week's challenge, I just had to show off some of the incredible artwork that was made this weekend at my retreat. I can't take credit for it, but it perfectly fits this category!

Miranda made all of these awesome items especially to get ready for school. First, she created a decorated clipboard for the 7th grade volleyball coach. With this she used stickers and cut itemes as well as design paper cut into a variety of shapes. This is all adhered using Mod Podge, I think.

She used the Cricut to create the letters and words along with some swirlies, and on the front, simple stripes adorn the clipboard. Finally, she completed the project with a mess of ribbons at the top of the clip and lots of bling on the clip itself!


Miranda also used Stickles to decorate a couple of pairs of white sneakers. I'm gonna do this for my twins! It is just their style - but don't tell them about it!!! Anyway, Miranda has one pair for herself - so in character for you, Miranda! - and another pair for her neice! I LOVE how they turned out and can't wait to do some of my own!
But I've been doing back to school things as well! I made 21 journals for our co-op credit teachers a week ago and didn't take a picture of a single one of them! Blah! I used Daydream paper and cardstock to make 2 pockets and added a monogram square at the bottom instead of the blue jean "pocket" in the picture. I also had a bunch of brads: large, medium, one flower, and a photo clip.

I made this one a while back using sanded Outdoor Denim cardstock to immitate bluejeans. The Cranberry grosgrain ribbon goes through stamped "belt loops" on both sides of the book and it ties it together.

4 comments:

  1. I love altered items, these are awesome! My daughter would go crazy for those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun projects! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What super fun ideas! Love those psychedelic sneaks! And that faux denim journal is way cool. Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects, love the denim journal! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete