.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Silhouette Cutting

This was my workshop layout for this weekend. I confess, I am REALLY partial to this page and enjoyed putting it together. This is Mari's take on the concept. Let me run it down for you. We used 2 sheets of the floral design paper from the Unforgettable set and 2 sheets of the blue print design paper from the same set. On the left page, the floral was the base. We cut 3 1/2 inches of the blue print and another 1/2 inch of it. We layered the two about 1/2 inch from the left side with the pink side showing on the 1/2 inch strip.

Also on this page, we used part of the floral design page. We cut 3 inches off of the right side of the page and then silhouette cut the branches and flowers. We laid this piece over the blue (5 x 7) mats and the pictures to create an overlay.



We used a couple of silhouetted overlays on the right hand page, too. First, starting at the cut we made before, we cut a silhouette around the flower that we cut through part of, then cut down the stem to the bottom of the page. This cut went into the bottom right corner. After that, we cut alont the large branch on the left hand side of the page and let that section create the left border for the page. Mari added a flip collection using either the CTMH Flip Flaps or clear envelopes and she attached a dated cover to the top of the stack. She added brads and stickease to complete the page including a few extra flowers.





1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite papers and I love this LO. I am going to make one for myself, eventually... :)

    ReplyDelete