.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stardust Birthday Card #2

With this card, we started with a 6 x 4 1/2 inch base and a piece of the Green B&T of the same measurement to cover it. I used a 3 1/5 x 6 piece of starry B&T and tore it in half from corner to corner for an accent piece. After adhering it all, I inked up all the edges in Moonstruck. The Star Spangled Blue Mat Card measures 5 x 2 1/4 and is sanded all along all the edges. The Sentiment card on top is roughed up with the edge distresser and inked up with Moonstruck. It measures 4 1/2 x 1 3/4. The sentiment can be any large stamp and I started by stamping the backside of the stamp in a light ink (Crystal Blue) first, before stamping the right side in Moonstruck. I love the effect this technique gives! The "Happy Birthday" stamp card measures 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 and is inked in Topiary ink. To finish it off, I added a bow, but to make it easy, I didn't adhere it, I just poked the ribbon through two holes in the top of the card before tying the bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment