.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh Me, Oh My!

Wow time has just flown by! I was so proud that I had postings prepared for all the days of my trip earlier this month and even beyond it, but I got back and just let it all go. Can't blame it on kid activities or anything else! I've just taken a break from work in general, but having realized it, I have every intention of getting things back together and keeping up with mecreating!

To start, I have a double layout from Alissa using the Caboodle pack. Aside from the pinwheel, her embellishments are all part of the stickease that comes with the pack. I especially like the way she set up a journaling section.

I'm not sure how she made the pinwheel, but I've made one before. Mine started as a 3 inch square of 2-sided B&T that is part of this kit. Two-sided paper is definitely the best for this project! I turned my square back-side up and measured in 1/2 inch on all 4 sides. I then drew a light line using a ruler to make a 2-inch drawn square in the direct center of the 3-inch square. Using the square inside the square, I cut a straight cut from the corner of the paper to the corner of the drawn square and another straight cut in the middle of the side to the middle of the drawn square (exactly perpindicular, 1 1/2 inches from the corner cut. I completed the cut by cuttin each side from the center to the corner. It doesn't really matter which side of the center you cut to the corner, but you will need to be consistent on each side. If you cut left from the center to the corner, do it the very same way on each side. When you're done, you should have a notch that looks a little like this: \_ cut out of each side of your square, leaving the 2-inch square intact on the inside. Turn your pinwheel front-side up and put a bit of mono-adhesive in the direct center of it. Take the 4 cut corners and meet them in the middle of the square. Place a glue dot or Liquid Glass on top of the 4 corners and attach a button or other embellishment into the center of the pinwheel. Once the embellishment is firmly attached, adhere the 2-inch square to your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment