This is Layout #2 of my workshop. As with the previous post, set out your design first. That gives you a chance to distress your papers as you choose. Then adhere them to the bases. In this case, the bases are Colonial White cardstock sheets. As in the last case, your cut pieces are labeled. This time they will say #2L or R for the left or right sides of the layout.
First, set your 2-inch polka dot strip along the bottom edge of the left base. Directly about that is one of the plaid 6 x 12 sheets and the 5 x 5 chocolate card stock square goes on the left side of that, about 1/2 inch from the left edge. Above the plaid is the 4 x 3 tree trunk piece. The 1 x 9 tree trunk strip lays across the top open space from the right edge. Above that, I kept with the square theme and placed the back side of a 3 x 3 square from the tree trunk paper at the end of that strip. I think I'm going to exchange it for a square of polka dot paper, though. Finally, the 3 1/2 x 1 inch cardstock strip goes near the bottom of the base, against the left edge.
On the right side, the 1-inch polka dot strip sits along the right edge. The 1-inch tree trunk strip lies next to it, followed by the other 6-inch plaid sheet. The last tree trunk piece, a 4 x 4 square, goes at the top left corner of the base. The 2 x 4 polka dot piece goes in the bottom left corner, and the final 5 1/2 x 1 inch brown cardstock strip lies about 1 1/2 inch from the top, flush on the right edge of the base.
Before I laid all these pieces down permanently, I distressed them with chocolate ink. This time I used a "direct" method, brushing the stamp pad directly across the edge of the paper. It made stronger definition to the distress instead of the softer edge applied by the sponge dauber.
Also, I designed the open spots of my bases. After laying out the pieces, I could see that there would be two large open areas and I chose to decorate them with inks that matched the set and one of the stamps that came with this set. I used the stipple brush from my distressing kit to apply first Chocolate, then Sorbet ink. The effect was very subtle, but it really popped when I added randomly stamped leaves using Sweet Leaf ink.
I added all the mushroom "buttons" (actually chipboard accents from the Dimensional Elements Organic collection) to this layout. As you can see, I sewed hemp through the two smaller ones, tying them in knots at the back, just to give them an accent. The larger one, I stitched with the ribbon that came with the Twitterpated workshop kit. As with my other bows, I added just a touch of Liquid Glass to the knot to make sure it holds. You can also see in this picture (if you look really close) that I dotted all the dots with Liquid Glass, too. It makes a raised texture that shows easily when your looking at the page (rather than a digital image).
King's Guard Chamber & Presence Chamber Layout
20 hours ago