.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Grace Workshop #4 - Completed

This last workshop has instructions on page 18 in Imagine. It's called, "Sideline Surprise". I gave both pages a quarter turn, which allowed me to use 4 x 6 pictures instead of doing the angled cuts.

You may have noticed that all the pages have the same pictures on them. Well, I've always done an album for each of my kids and for this event, my father-in-law's birthday, my 3 girls all came and needed the pages in their books. (Of course I needed a set, too!)

For this last set, I used some clear buttons to highlight a few of the little flowers in the B&T. (That's short for Background and Texture paper - it's the design paper that you see) I stamped my titles using Colonial White on the Field Trip Alphabet. On each of the pages, I created part of the title using a picture of a sign that hangs outside the home of my father-in-law. On this one, I added matching Twilight Edge Anchors to either side. I also "sewed" some cross-stitches using my piercing tool to make the holes and Crystal Blue Waxy Flax.

The "ribbon" on the right side of this page, and it's matching line on the other page, is actually a strip of the B&T that is decorated with all sorts of ribbon designs.

One last word about all of these layouts. I make the layouts before I decide on the pictures. Using digital photography makes it easy to print out whatever sizes I choose. And having premade pages makes scrap-booking at my retreats so fast and easy. BTW, that's the beauty of the Level 1 "My Reflection" kits, too. The 4 layouts are already done and waiting for pictures and embellishments. The kits even include 2 extra cardstocks, 2 extra B&T design sheets, and 2 pages of matching "Stickease." (Stickease is cardstock-weight sticker sheets.)

Keep watching! I've got a "Scrappin' Happy" before and after workshop to share as well as the Twitterpated "Workshop on the Go" which is this month's workshop. You can bet I'll do the same with them that I did with these and the embellishments for that workshop are so stinkin' cute! You can see a sample of the workshop at my website, marji.mycmth.com, at the "Workshop on the Go" link. Mine is on the 18th of this month and I only have 3 more spots left so let me know that you want to come right away so I can save you your spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment