.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sweetheart Workshop - Layout #3

This was by far one of the EASIEST layouts! I will DEFINITELY use this design again and again! Like one of the other layouts in this group, I used a plan from the Magic instructional book, but I wanted more of the base page - the polka-dot B&T - to show, so I did some alterations to it. The left-hand page has a 6 inch piece of the heart B&T. I made a point to cut the 6 inch pieces for both of the pages off the bottom-half of the heart B&T so that both of the pieces would match across the layout. I placed it 1 inch down from the top edges from both pages. The 1 1/2 inch strip of the strip goes 1 1/2 inches from the bottom edges of both pages. A 3-inch strip of pink cardstock (our new Cotton Candy color!) overlays the other two papers and is 1 inch from the left edge. I did some accenting on this page down at the bottom left corner with a cut-out, stamped butterfly and a stamped curly trail in black. I also put a second accent, an epoxy heart that comes with the workshop along with the stamp sets.

The right hand page continues the design across the page. I don't measure the exact distance from the top edge of the page as much as I make sure that both pages have the design lining up.

I added some accents to the bottom right corner of this layout with a small butterfly stamped cut-out and a stamped curly trail. I also added a large epoxy frame to the picture to highlight my sweet old dog. She is so amazingly patient with us when we put hats and other decorations on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment