.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Veranda Pages by Kym Glass

I have met the Embellishment Queen and her name is Kym Glass. (Yes, I know she's not the ONLY one!) She seems to just visualizes all these great little details she can add. Actually, I don't know how she does it, but I wish she would rub off a little more on me!!!! So this week, I'm sharing art from Kym. She didn't do too many pages at my recent retreat, but those she did were knocked right out of the park! Check out the first one.


She was thoroughly inspired by the Spring Close to My Heart Idea Book cover when she designed this using the Veranda Paper Pack.


She used 8 different stamp sets to create her under design. When you see it up close, you can understand how some of the images were pieced together. And all throughout the images, she added her "bling" - little sparkles and bitty sparkles make a BIG impression at a mere glance!
She cut this pocket with the large Coluzzle circle. It almost looks like she used some sort of reverse stamping or maybe shadowing on that quarter-circle. I'd really like to know how she did that and will have to give her a call!
The flowers are from the Spring Just Blooms set and the "stem" is actually a rub on in Chocolate. She added some filigree charms and more bling to finish the pocket.
For me, that would be beyond enough to call it good and move on, but not with Queen Kym. I have SO much to learn! She found another appropriate place to add some more bling, stamped flowers, distressed Just Blooms, and filigree charms. Some of the charms, she also tinted with some Chocolate ink, but it is easier to do with Stazon ink. She used all the pieces of the Copper Mini Medley - the ribbon slides, and the corner pieces on this page. This page is a perfect one for an album title page, but wait - this page has a partner.
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment