.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Lady Bug Layouts

I'm ashamed to say I can't remember who at the recent retreat shared this layout. And I was always trying to be so careful to give credit right. I think it might have been Jaimie. Am I right??? Was it Mari???

I like the way this layout uses a variety of orientations for the elements of it. Specifically, how the tilted mat is accented with the straight lady bug pictures. The theme is revisited in the title, too, with the bug straight and the letters all catamawampas. (My blog - my word; I'm just saying!) The black paper has a sparkly effect on that - so cool - and the brad embellishments further the effect. I also LOVE the black polka dot ribbon on this, but it got me to thinking about our simply dot letters. I admit, I had a blast playing with the Close to My Heart "Irrisistibles" during the retreat. They are chipboard pieces of all sorts of designs that have embossed patterns on them. One of the collections is a set of letters that have little dot patterns all over them. See, when you sponge ink onto the letters, the dots stay white, so I can just picture this layout with those dotted letters (in black) as the title, or maybe adding a date to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment