.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Veranda - Card 3


This is almost an monochromatic card, and it turned out so elegant! I started with the back side of the Juniper B&T (background and texture paper) that showes the same design only in shades of Creme Brulee'. I sponged Creme Brulee' ink all around the 4 1/2 x 6 paper and then edged it again by scraping it in Chocolate ink. I did the same thing to the other paper, a Creme Brulee' diamond design paper that measured 4 1/2 x 3. Then, using Creme Brulee' ink, I stamped several images from the Treasures stamp set, using the large, medium, and small dandilions and the stem. I also stamped the center of the dandilion again using a "fluff" stamp from the same set. I stamped the medium dandilion, without the stem, in chocolate in the center of the large image to finish the effect.
That done, I used the rub-ons to add my sentiment at the top and a design at the bottom of the card. Finally, I threaded 2 strings of Chocolate waxy flax through a green button and, spreading out the strings, taped them down on the backside of the card. I didn't want the ugly strings and tape to show, though, so I added a spare piece of cardstock to the inside cover of the card, adhering it with the same 2-sided tape that I used to stick down the strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment