.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Finishing the Folio Layouts

I wanted to revisit this because I've gotten some questions about it. I hope this clears it up enough for you to make a triple-double set of your own. Oh, and if you do - I want to see it!

Basically, the 1-2-3 layout is really just 3 different double layouts using the same paper pack and two of the CTMH folios. I used the bulk “Game On” package for the background star paper for each layout and added the stripe as accents as well as red and blue (Cranberry and Moonstruck) cardstock.

Once I put the layouts onto the star paper, I then mounted the star paper onto the folios. They need to be “upside-down,” like a tent, instead of like a file folder. First, the layouts are mounted on the inside of the folios (opened). Then, you can slip the un-notched sides (which should be the BOTTOMS of your lower layouts) into the page protectors of your album. Close the folios and mount the last two layouts onto the outside.

To protect the outside of the layouts, I use two more page protectors. These have to be adjusted to fit correctly. First, I cut off the 3-holed strip, cutting between the holes and the edge of the pocket that looks like its sewn. Then I cut a 3 inch opening for the notch at the bottom of the protector – just a slit in it. Finally, to make it fit correctly, I cut a 1-inch strip off of the top of the page protector (the opened part).

Hope this helps! Please send me a picture if you decide to make a layout of your own. I’d love to see it! (And post it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment