.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Portrait Layout


I used the Imagine patterns with the Close to My Heart paper package called "It's a Guy Thing." I particularly like the double and triple matting of this layout. It really made my son's portraits "pop".

The title is accented with a monogram Dimensional Element, but as I look at it, I think it really needs something else. Maybe some brass brads could go up the cream-colored line on the right? Would something else do better? I admit, I'm embellishment-challenged and I'm always looking for other things to add to my layouts.

One thing I did do with this was distress. much of the paper is torn and on the title I used a technique that I sort of taught myself. Back when I started stamping, I would always get edges in my images. Once I even dropped an inked-up block (well, part of it was inked) onto an almost-completed project! I was heart-sick. So I tried inking up the empty block again and applying the ink in a circular scrubbing motion. You can see the effect on that title section.

No comments:

Post a Comment