.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wings Workshop Layout #3

Now I admit, this is not a favorite layout. I really thought I would like it, and I still may, but I have to do a little work on it before I get to that point.
I used the beautiful green floral B&T paper as one of the bases and I used Sweet Leaf cardstock as the other base. The layout pattern I used was based on "Love Potion" from page 18 in Magic.
First, I used the second piece of green floral B&T to create the design at the top. I cut that swirl out of a 3 x 12 strip of the B&T. I also flip-flopped the pages, inverting both pages and exchanging them.
To further enhance this page I stamped the floral frame using Juniper ink and used the "Rock-n-Roll" technique in black to highlight the outside edges. Then I used one of the smaller floral designs from the stamp set (FYI: This stamp set is the one that comes with the workshop kit. This kit is still available through July!) and stamped it in Pear, following it up with some "rock-n-roll" action using Juniper. I only did about 5 of them, but I like the effect that they gave.
On this page, I also changed the photos. the pattern called for a 6 x 6 picture on the bottom-left section. Instead, I used four 3 x 3 photo squares to put together this section. I also cut down the 4 x 6 that I put into the right bottom corner. I decided I wanted a mat under the picture, so I cut it down to 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 and centered it in the space.
I think what I'm missing here is something dark. I think I need some black somewhere. Maybe a 1/4 or 1/2 inch strip of black paper to act as a mat around the entire section. (I'm talking about the photos as a whole unit.)



On the right-hand side, I didn't really add anything, although instead of using a 4 x 6 photo, I used a 4 x 3 on the top of the section . At the bottom, though, I didn't want to cut the photo down anymore (although I did trim about 1/2 inch off of the width). So, I let the extra inch or so hang over into the green 3 x 3 square at the bottom of the photo section.
Again, I think I'll put some black at the right and top of the photo section so that it mats the whole unit and sets it off from the rest of the layout. That and some black letters for the title will be just what this layout needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment