This layout, like the last one, is from the Imagine book. I would love to give you the page number as I followed this one pretty closely, but, alas, I have misplaced it. Hopefully I'll uncover it as I pack for my retreat this weekend, but in case I don't, I can still give you some of the pointers.
First, I started with Chocolate Card Stock as my bases. I used the great ivy stamp from the set that came with the workshop in Chocolate ink to make the pattern on the bases. When I did the stamping, I rotated the ivy image and sometimes even overlapped it to give the base a wall paper type of effect.
Something else I did with this layout is use both pieces of striped paper that came with the set. I used one of the papers to cut the pieces that went across the stripes, and I used the other paper to cut the pieces that went WITH the stripe. So the piece on the far left is a 2 inch cut going with the stripe and the piece on top is also 2 inches wide (by 7 inches) going across the stripes.
On the right hand page, top piece is a 2-inch cut across the stripes and the bottom piece (also going across the stripes) is only 1-inch wide. The Juniper print is 3 inches wide on both pages, and the Parchment Cardstock mats measure 5 x 7.
All the paper pieces are sponged with Juniper ink except the Chocolate card stock bases. I used 2 photo clips from the Copper Mini-Medly metal embellisments on either side of the design. I also added flowers and started by stamping the vine image at the top of the left-hand base. I love the Just Blooms sets and for this design, I used the spring collection. I stacked a large white mult-petal disc (after I sponged the edges in Creme Brulee' ink) under a Creme Brulee' fluted flower, which went under a white, 8-petal flower with Creme Brulee sponged on the edge. I held it all together with a copper brad. My second flower stack started with a large, Creme Brulee', 8-petal flower (with the edges sponged in Creme Brulee' to darken it) and was topped with a smaller flower of the same type, all held together with a Filigree charm. I finished off the right side with a Tulip-colored butterfly, the middle of which I dabbed in Chocolate ink. The flower collection on the left hand side was achieved some of the same way, except without the ivy stamped onto the base.
Feed the Birds Layout
2 days ago