.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You Rock - Layout #2

I love love love the way the starburst paper from the You Rock collections makes this layout pop!
This double design is called "Silver Screen" from the Cherish program on page 20. I have used this design again and again in my albums and it never looks the same. That is such a cool thing about Jeannette's awesome books! (If you want to learn more about Jeannette Lynton or her scrap-booking programs, visit her blog, posted on the left!)
So since this page is from her designs, I won't give the specks for cutting, but I do want to share
a few details on how I put it together and embellished it.
First the paper! It only uses one piece of the starburst and one of the polka-dot along with the Indian Corn Blue cardstock. The pattern called for a second piece of cardstock for the little squares at the bottom of the right page, and the rectangle at the top right corner of the left-hand page. In that corner, I used the polka-dots again. It blended nicely. And for the little squares (there are actually 3 of them, but I covered one up) I stuck with the Indian Corn Blue. There was plenty to complete the effect with it. You can see on the little strips and also on the wider, title strip that I've stamped a string of dots using Outdoor Denim. (The same dark blue that is my base cardstocks.) I also accented all these pieces with brads.
I haven't decided on the title yet - maybe "Family Fun"? I'm SURE not going to mention my own birthday, although the cake is right there. Yep, that's me in the pink with one of my twinkies.
Back to the accents. Do you see the little white swooshie thing hanging down from the cake picture? That is actually a new accent called a Top Coat. They are GREAT! I used them all through this workshop and had so much fun with them. They are printed transparancy pieces, and this set is MADE for the You Rock paper, matching it in both color and theme!

The picture with my twinking singing also shows how I stamped and accented the paper. I used the White Daisy pigment ink first. Then I went back and restamped the stars in yellow. (That's the lighter stars!) I also stamped the stars in Sunflower on regular cardstock and cut them out to add to my "Milky Way." As a final accent, I added the new "Bitty Sparkles."









No comments:

Post a Comment