.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Unique Christmas Tree Card



This card looks so elegant, but it was SO simple to make. I can't take credit for it as I found the exact design on a CTMH consultant board, but I don't have the name of the consultant in my file. That's not like me and I'll try to update this posting with the proper credit if I can.

Just a note here: I love the way the consultants in this company are so willing to share their ideas and inspiration with each other. I've gotten SO much from my CTMH sisters, especially in my often non-creative times. I find I can brainstorm variations, but can seldom dream up a design from scratch. The best way to thank those who have inspired me is to give them full credit for their creations. Sort of like virtual applause! So even though this card is mine, the brainchild belonged to someone else and I'll tell you who as soon as I can!


Evensong is the paper pack I used. The green mat for the artwork is actually the Evensong Creative Basics, but since that is no longer available, the green print from the regular Evensong pack works just as well. This card starts out as paper punches. I used a circle punch from the Martha Stewart collection. (Walmart) I punched 5 from the red along with one of the stars, and 3 from the green print. I used them all upside down except for 3 of the greens and the star on top. I only used one stamp set with this card - the December Word Puzzle. LOVE THAT SET! I stamped the Noel in Chocolate. I stacked the circles above the Noel on a 3 x 4 card which I stacked on a Creative Basics green paper measuring 3 1/4 x 4 1/4. I covered the entire cardbase with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of the red print. Then I embellished with a few sparkles, a Holiday red bigger brad, and the circles (also from the December Word Puzzle) stamped in Tulip.

Okay, now that I've finished the instructions, I searched through the CTMH bulletin board and found the consultant who created the design. She is Lisa Aquino, a Canadian CTMH consultant.




No comments:

Post a Comment