.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stinkin' Cute Snowman Card!

This card was inspired by one created by CTMH consultant Laurel Seabrook, but mine turned out totally different from hers by the time I was through. First I started with the Christmas Memories snow man which is a "two-step" or "base-n-shade" stamp set. First I stamped the shadow of the image, then I added his scarf and hat fill-in. No I didn't match up the gaps perfectly, but it didn't end up mattering. Once I have the shadow and the fill in, (in Juniper and Moonstruck, respectively) I stamped the outline of the snowman in Outdoor Denim. I also stamped the "White Christmas" from the Holiday Jubilee Stamp Set in Juniper. After I finished this stamping, I cut out the snowman (making his arms a little thicker than the single lines that they are) and cut the "White Christmas" in a square.

Once I finished the main artwork, I began working on the background. I stamped the trees on a white 3 1/4 x 2 3/4 card, using the 3 trees from the December Word Puzzle stamp set. On my block, I put 2 together and 1 off to the side. I stamped them all in Juniper.



I used the same basic idea with the snowflake background on the Twilight paper. I put the snowflakes on the block in a non-patterned manner and turned it with every impression (in Juniper) to give it a fully random look. Since I'm covering the center, there was no need to stamp there.

The Twilight 5 x 3 3/4 cardstock covers the 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 base. I layered a 1 x 3 3/4 Outdoor Denim strip across the Twilight.
I stacked a 3 3/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Moonstruck Cardstock and then put the white tree stamped card centered on that. I mounted my sentiment on a Twilight piece just a little bigger than the sentiment, and adhered my snowman using 3d foam squares. Once he was set where I wanted him, I trimmed off the extra bit of him at the bottom, but some of the gals at my workshop left him whole. I used a snowflake punch from the Martha Stewart collection at Walmart and some glitter foam paint that I found at Hobby Lobby for the final embellishments.






No comments:

Post a Comment