.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Double Flap Card

This card is set up sort of wierd. I cut the base 4 1/4 inches wide, but only 9 inches wide. The fold is 3 1/4 in from the left edge of the front. You can barely make out the edge of the card in this first picture. I cut a piece of the Everlasting B&T 6 x 3 and folded it in half to make the second flap of the card. I adhered that folded card on the inside of the base so that the 3 x 3 "mat" would be in the center of the card and the fold was on the right.
The artwork is on a 2 inch square card, mounted on Cranberry 1/4 inch larger (square), on White 1/2 inch larger, and Cranberry again 3/4 inch larger. So the measurements are, respectively, 2 1/4 square, 2 1/2 square, and 2 3/4 square.
The main artwork is a montage of stamps on a 2 x 2 block. I used Christmas Scripts, December Word Puzzle, Ho Ho Ho, Holiday Jubilee, and Shining Star and my final of this card actually had a much fuller look to the main artwork as I kept adding stamps. The sentiment inside is from Peace On Earth. If I had it to do again, I think I would put the first part of the sentiment on the white flap under the artwork flap and then add the rest of it, as is, on the inside of the second flap.

No comments:

Post a Comment