.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Cards!

I made these cards for a workshop that I did at a retirement center, so I made sure they were REALLY easy to put together. I used paper from the "That's Amore'" paper pack and used my Cricut to make the cut-outs and accents.





On this card, I cut out the sentiment with my Cricut, but I lined the back of it with double sided tape. Then I just rubbed Prisma Glitter across the sticky cut-out. A note here, if you've never used Prisma Glitter: it is not a glitter that needs to be poured. You can really save it if you just dab your finger into the bottle and spread it across a tacky surface. I used to use it with the Write and Rub pen, but my pen wouldn't always work correctly. I would love to find a stamping ink that would stamp wet, but dry tacky. Wouldn't that be a great look!

On this card, I used the Hollyhock ribbon and Desert Sand paper to finish off the card.


This card took the "All My Love" set for the sentiment, but I used the "Love Language" set to apply the pattern on the card under the sentiment. The pattern is in Blush ink and the sentiment is in Hollyhock. The flourish is again a cut out from the Cricut, but the Dimensional Elements set called "Fresh Shapes" would work really well with this card!





The more I look at this card, the more I'm sure that I'm just not finished with it! I think I need a cute sentiment in Chocolate in that open space on the pink print!



This last card utilizes the back side of the chocolate print paper. The back of it has the same print, but in a monochrome scheme. I distressed the sentiment card with some scraping using Blush ink and the sentiment, from the "All My Love" set, was stamped in Cranberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment