.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Envelope Album using Veranda


This is a super-easy project that I did with some folks at a Retirement Center. First I prepped it by attaching 4 envelopes to each other. The first two I attached on the flap with one flap perfectly overlapping the other. Once they were attached by the flap, I stuck down both flaps to the INSIDE of the envelope. Once those two were done, I just attached two others (one to either side) also by the flaps so that the whole set of four folded up like an accordion.
The first picture shows the cover of the album. I'm not sure what pictures I'll use in it, so I haven't created the title yet. I used background and texture paper (B&T) from the "Veranda" pack to decorate my envelopes. My cover is the one that folds up to show the front side of the envelope - where you would write the address. The floral sheet measures 4 3/8 x 5 11/16. I know those are crazy measurements. It might be just easier to adhere a 5 x 6 rectangle and trim it to the envelope. The brown paper measured 5 x 4 before it was torn. The gold paper is the back of the floral (don't you love 2-sided paper!) and it measures 4 x 2 1/2. I edged both the floral and the gold in gold ink, but it works just as well to be edged in Creme Brulee' ink. Three buttons finish off my cover, but the decorative pewter brads are awesome with this palette.
This is the INSIDE of the accordion, with the diagonal pocket being the inside of the cover, but it doesn't really matter how the pages are organized, so long as the pocket pages fall where the envelope openings fall.
The first envelope opening has been cut along the diagonal to form a triangle. Make sure you cut the TOP of the pocket! I covered that with the back side of the gold diamond paper and just trimmed it to match the rest of the envelope lines. I distressed the envelope with Cocoa ink and added a garden green card (4 x 5), also distressed in Cocoa ink, to the pocket. I figure I can add a small picture to the triangle and another one to the card inside.
The second page is simply another floral sheet to serve as a matte, measureing 4 3/8 x 5 11/16, also distressed with Cocoa ink. The third page I used floral again with a tiny circular chunk cut out of one side. This sheet measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and I edged the showing envelope on all sides in Creme Brulee' ink. A Cocoa card measuring 4 x 5 is tucked into the envelope.
The final sheet on this page starts with the gold diamond piece at the top, measuring 2 1/2 x 4 3/8, and distressed in Cocoa ink. Under that is the backside of the same paper measuring 3 x 4 3/8. At the bottom is a strip of garden green cardstock measuring 1/2 x 4 3/8 that is also sponged with Cocoa ink. I intend to put just one picture on this but I could put two cropped ones.
This last picture shows the "back" of the album. The cover is the far-right piece. The one next to it, like the inside of the front cover, is cut along the diagonal of the envelope. Again, make sure you cut the TOP of the envelope. I used a full sheet of the gold diamond (4 3/8 x 5 11/16) with the gold on the inside and only put adhesive in an "L" shape along the bottom and left side of the gold side of the paper. Once that was attached, I put a little more adhesive on the brown side of the rectangle and pulled the corner down to make another pocket. I didn't do any ink distressing here, but added a green tag measuring 3 x 5. It's easy to cut a simple tag shape. Just put the outside corners together and trim across them both at the same time. It makes a mirror-cut without making a fold mark.
The next page is just a gold diamond paper measuring 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I distressed it with both Cocoa and Garden Green ink. The final page is exactly like one on the inside. The floral again measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and has a curved chunk cut out of it. I didn't mention it above, but add adhesive on only a horseshoe around the paper, leaving the cut side open for the pocket. Again, I inked up the showing sides of the envelope in Creme Brulee' and added a Cocoa card measuring 4 x 5.
Let me know if you make one of these! They are super simple and I'd love to see your take on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment