.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Well-Rounded Layouts

This double layout was the workshop activity that I had for a recent retreat. I had a LOT of fun putting this one together! I used the big circle and the regular circle templates from coluzzle and mixed a couple of different paper packs to complete it. I used the dot paper and the striped paper from the Good Times paper pack. I coupled that with the paisley paper and the multi-colored dotted paper from the Magic Moments paper pack.

With some many colors, virtually anything could've worked well as the accent color, but I had cranberry. Cocoa would've been a better choice, but sometimes I have to use what I have! The sweet leaf is the back side of one of the papers.

As for techniques, they are rather self-explanatory. Except for the largest circle, (where I used a dinner plate as a template) I used the coluzzle. On the journaling spot in the upper right, I folded the paper first and aligned the fold on the inside of the circle I was cutting so it would remained attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment